Sunday, December 13, 2009

Grandtheft. The XX. Erol. Boys Noize.


Grandtheft, where'd the funk go?

With the birth of Ducksauce and others I was really looking forward to a new wave of funk fused club music that Grandtheft (looking at previous works) should also be pioneering.

I have no doubt that this new XX remix will flourish in the clubs but I was disappointed to see the incredible guitar hook in Crystalised completely absent in GT's mix.

GT's been with NN since the beginning so I'm more critical of his mixes than other stuff I get in the mailbox.

His take on Death Suite is a direct hit. He's used one of this years best collaborations and squished it into a three minute punchy dance banger. Enjoy.

[Bonus Funk] Latest mix by Le Principle make ya freak out.

1 comment:

  1. I really feel you on that because for me.Its like when Disco House came in 1999-2000.

    ReplyDelete