Monday, October 26, 2009

Kitsune 8 Out Nov. 30th

When I was a youngster (before I had ever heard of music blogs) I searched the very small terrain of the American Itunes store for electronic music. With each new discovery, there was a familiar stamp of these gray toned faces quickly drawn and jumbled together forming a sort of memorable unity.

I later found out that the people responsible for this clever branding technique were a French clothing and music label Kitsune Maison.

I enjoyed most of the singles I found released from Kitsune and to this day I'm still confused as to who is signed to Kitsune and who is just one of their friends. It seems like everyone is signed to three or four labels these days.

If your like me then you have developed a respect for this label and know that their compilations are always something to get excited about.

The only complaint I would be that label compilations in general are usually composed of songs that you've already been hearing for a long time.

Instead of a play-by-play of each and every song on the mix (It's a very good mix), I'll say that "Lets Go Surfing", "High Together", "Star", and "I Love London" are the singles that I'm always going back to.

Kitsune 8 will be released November 30th and in anticipation for its release they are giving away the Harvard Bass remix of Beni's Maximus track. You've probably heard this in the clubs; its been massively played out this year. Can't say it's my favorite remix (the clicks, pops and bleeps along with vocals keep this mix from being a completely redundant banger) but it does sound very nice on the big speakers.

Also until Nov. 30th you can listen to JBAG's five and a half minute minimix. Who is JBAG? Is he more than an expert in layering multiple tracks in ableton?

Also Visit:


No comments:

Post a Comment