Friday, October 9, 2009

What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow - New Single/Remix Review In the Form of A Pleasent Anecdote + RAC mix

Instead of routinely clicking the download, watching the green bar expand and then listening to the track while staring blankly at a white blogger template, I decided to lay down and, you know, really take in the song that was just handed to me.

In this case, it was new material from "What Kind of Breeze Do You Blow?" a team that is well
known for their airy mixes of indie poppers such as Phoenix and The XX and more.

Just as I'm about thirty seconds in, eyes closed and nestled under the covers, my roommate (a dwarfish looking man with long flowing locks of silky black hair; imagine a slightly taller version of Gimly "AND MY AXE") busts into the room and informs me that the water is boiling.

Oh thats right.

Before I put myself into a trance-like mindset, I had started boiling some water in preparation to make easy mac.

The majestic vibe I had created was shattered.

After garnishing the designated amount of milk and butter, I ran back to my room, bowl in hand and slapped my headphones back on my head.

This remix is one of the better things I've gotten in the mail lately (which is hard to say after a bunch of Binary goodies were just sent to NN). There's only so many ways to call something breathy and dreamy and wonderful, so you'll just have to hear it for yourself; it's real good.

[Bonus] RAC is back with an energetic floor killer voiced by Reni Lane. Usually RAC mixes are hard to play out due to faster bpms, but this one is a very manageable 135. Check it!

Also Visit:
WKOBDYB Myspace
Brilliante Web
RAC Myspace
Reni Lane Web
Stream Place For Us (Original)

$ WKOBDYB - Love of Luxury (Lake Heartbeat's Lake Luxury Remix)


$ Reni Lane - Place For Us (RAC Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment